The association has three categories of membership
- This is open to optometrists who practice within Kenyan borders; they have all membership rights to the association.
- They are three steps in acquiring this kind of members;
- Open a membership account
- Fill the membership form attached.
- The executive will review and approve or reject the membership request.
- Once accepted, you will be invoiced the amount of fees you need to pay.
- The payable fees are;
Registration fee 29.48 USD
Subscription fee 19.66 USD per year from 2018 to current year, if graduation year is before 2018.
If the year of graduation is after 2018, the fee is calculated from the graduation year.
- Non East African shall register with 98.28 USD and annual subscription of 58.97 USD thereafter as quoted above
- Once paid up, you will be provided with a membership certificate, a copy of the association constitution and a membership benefit template.
- The certification turnaround time after paying up is 5 working days.
- If the application is rejected, you will be notified with reasons indicated.
- If not satisfied with the reasons attached, you can file an appeal via an email that will be provided.
The application will be reviewed and the second communication made will be final.